|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. It doesn’t need to sit neatly in the pan, since the honeycomb will weigh it down later.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add sugar and give it a shake so it lays flat in the pan. Add corn syrup, honey, and water, so all of the sugar has been moistened, but do not stir. Turn the heat to medium high, and watch closely as the sugar starts to dissolve and the ingredients start to meld together.
- Cook the mixture to 300ºF, which should take about 5–10 minutes depending on the strength of your stove, then remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the baking soda for about 5 seconds, and once it has stopped foaming up, immediately pour the mixture onto the parchment paper. Let cool for 1 hour until hardened, then whack the honeycomb with a knife to break into pieces.
- Immediately store any uneaten honeycomb in an airtight container, otherwise it will absorb moisture from the air and soften. Enjoy!
Honeycomb will keep for 3–4 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Share this Recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 158mg 7%
Potassium 1mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 21g 7%
Protein 0.01g 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.