|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 hours|
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C malted milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 C butter melted
- 1 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 C chocolate chips (optional ~ plus 1 morefor pressing into tops of cookies)
- Whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, salt and cornstarch together. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl combine the butter and brown sugar, using wooden spoon or mixer set on lowest setting.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla with mixer still on lowest setting until combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop approximately 2 Tbsp of dough and form into a ball. Place dough 3 inches apart on lined baking sheet. Press additional chocolate chips into the top of the dough balls if desired.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until the edges golden. Don’t over-bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
store airtight for up to 3 days