|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 14 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 c caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder 100% cocoa
- 8 Tbsp coarsely crushed cornflakes or Special K (puffed rice flakes)
- 1 1/2 C icing sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder 100% cocoa
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp boiling water or more
- 30 walnut kernels or halves, optional
- Preheat the convection oven to 350F (180C) for at least 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder, and add them.
- Finally add the cornflakes and mix well until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Divide the dough into 30 pieces and roll them up.
- Place the balls, well spaced, on the parchment paper.
- Press them lightly with the palm of the hand or a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Wait 15 minutes before placing the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Mix icing sugar and cocoa and sift them in a bowl.
- Add the butter and 1 tablespoon of boiling water at a time mix well, adding more hot water if necessary until the icing can be spread.
- Place a teaspoon of icing on each cookie and garnish with a walnut kernel.
Original Recipe: https://www.196flavors.com/new-zealand-afghan-biscuit/
Share this Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.04g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.01g
Cholesterol 17mg 6%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Potassium 21mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.