- 1 package (30 oz) frozen extra-spicy and crispy potato wedges
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham (12 oz)
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions (10 medium)
- 1 jar (15 oz) cheese dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges in baking dish; bake 10 to 15 minutes or until thawed and beginning to brown. Top with half each of the ham, bacon, bell pepper and green onions. Spread cheese dip on top. Sprinkle with remaining ham, bacon and bell pepper.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese dip is melted and potatoes are tender. Top with dollops of sour cream and remaining green onions.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Tips: For a loaded side dish, omit the ham. Serve with steaks or chops.
Substitute: Grilled chicken strips for the ham.
2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
1 cup (250 mL) fresh broccoli florets
(about 2 oz/60 g)
1 8-oz (250-g) slice smoked deli ham (about ½ in./1 cm thick)
½ small onion
8 oz (250 g) Swiss cheese, grated, divided
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil, divided
2 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Combine mayonnaise and mustard in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. With Utility Knife, cut broccoli into small florets; dice ham. Using Food Chopper, coarsely chop onion. Grate Swiss cheese with Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade. Combine broccoli, ham, onion and half of the Swiss cheese in batter bowl; mix well.
2. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Unroll one package of dough onto bottom of bar pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese to within 1 in. (2.5 cm) of edges; spoon ham mixture over cheese. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling, matching edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim ½ in. (1 cm) off sides of dough with Utility Knife. Press edges to seal with Mini-Tart Shaper. Brush remaining oil over dough. Using Utility Knife, make 12 slits, in three rows of four each, into top crust.
3. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater-Fine; sprinkle over calzone. Return calzone to oven; bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown. Slice with Pizza Cutter; serve with Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 1240 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22g
Cook’s Tips: Choose smoked rather than boiled ham to keep the crust from becoming soggy.
© 2011The Pampered Chef used under license.
What You Need
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham, cooked breakfast sausage or Canadian-style bacon
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (2)
- 4 beaten eggs or 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups milk or one 12-ounce can evaporated milk or evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, and green onions.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- Make-ahead directions: Prepare as above through step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Farmer’s Casserole for 12: Prepare as above, except double all ingredients and use a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 6 oz thinly sliced cooked ham, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen sweet peas
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions; cook 1 minute. Add ham and peas; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in yogurt, dressing and milk. Add fettuccine; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until hot.