|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 8 oz. farfalle pasta white or whole wheat
- 2 C cooked chicken chopped
- 4 oz. baby spinach leaves stems removed
- 11 oz. can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/3 C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 C slivered almonds toasted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt (can sub mayo, not used for nutrition info)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 oz. orange juice ~ one medium orange, fresh squeezed, plus zest from whole orange
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice ~ one medium lemon, fresh squeezed, plus zest from whole lemon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and whisking until smooth. You could use a blender to get it really smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the cooled, drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Add in the chicken, spinach, mandarin oranges, craisins/cranberries, green onion, parmesan cheese and toasted almonds.
- Drizzle dressing over the top (to taste, you may not want to use it all), and toss everything to combine. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe
Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 764 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 92mg 31%
Sodium 775mg 32%
Potassium 348mg 10%
Total Carbohydrates 96g 32%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 42g 84%
Vitamin A 77%
Vitamin C 79%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.