|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 C Cornmeal white or yellow will work
- 3/4 C andouille sausage diced
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 C sweet onion finely chopped
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 egg large
- 1/3 C beer lager is suggested
- 1 C buttermilk
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Stir together cornmeal and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add egg, beer, and buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, drop batter into hot oil, and fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep warm in a 200° oven.
Original recipe: https://www.southernliving.com/syndication/crispy-andouille-hush-puppies