|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minuters|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 1 bunch green onions plus more thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- 8 pieces bone-in chicken drumsticks and thighs
- vegetable oil for grill
- In a blender, combine green onions, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, brown sugar, allspice, thyme, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water and blend until smooth. Set aside 1⁄4 cup.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and season with salt. Pour remaining marinade over chicken; toss to coat. Let marinate in fridge, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to medium-high and oil grates. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until chicken is charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
- Move chicken to a cooler part of the grill and brush with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more
Original Recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54230/authentic-jerk-chicken-recipe/
Oven instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Remove chicken from marinade. Arrange pieces on baking sheet leaving space between them. Bake in preheated oven until cooked through, about 45 - 50 minutes, while broiling during the last few minutes for better browning.