- 4 boneless chicken breast halves or about 1 pound thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 green onions, with about 3 inches of green, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to a thickness of about 1/4-inch. If using thinly sliced chicken breast, skip this step. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour.
- Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add the chicken and brown for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with hot cooked angel hair pasta.