|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for about 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Slowly add in heavy cream, vanilla, and bourbon. Continue to whisk.
- Raise the heat to medium/medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 60 seconds*.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt.
- Cool slightly for about 10 mins**.
- Pour the sauce into a jar, seal, and store in the refrigerator*** until ready for use.
- To serve: warm up desired amount in the microwave.
Original Recipe: https://showmetheyummy.com/vanilla-bourbon-salted-caramel-sauce/
Total yield is 1 Cup.
Can replace with vanilla extract to make this kid friendly & gluten free.
*You'll know the mixture is boiling when you see lots of tiny looking bubbles and the mixture starts to rise. I started the timer a few seconds after the bubbles started and then it came to a full blown boil.
** If you get any “clumps” while/after cooling, just whisk until smooth again!
*** Caramel can be stored in the fridge for two weeks.
Share this Recipe
Vanilla Bourbon Salted Caramel Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1918 Calories from Fat 945
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105g 162%
Saturated Fat 70g 350%
Cholesterol 338mg 113%
Sodium 1978mg 82%
Total Carbohydrates 244g 81%
Vitamin A 80%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.