- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- *Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add soy sauce, ketchup honey and garlic to a large ziplock bag. Add in chicken thighs and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to cook preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared pan skin side up. Reserve the marinade.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- If you want a crispier skin turn the oven to broil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking add the reserved marinade to a medium saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- If sauce is not thick enough you can always add 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water.
- When chicken comes out of the oven brush on the sauce and serve immediately.