Skip to content
- 1 large boule of bread
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 c. Guinness
- 2 1/2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a serrated knife, crosshatch the boule, making slices every inch around the loaf in both directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, garlic, and chives. Brush entire boule with butter, being sure to get into crevices.
- Pour Guinness between crevices.
- Stuff crevices with cheddar and wrap completely in foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then unwrap foil and bake 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.