Baked Chicken Breast
Prep and Cool time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large (8 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil cooking spray, or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking dish with foil.
- Spray or brush both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil, and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, flip to the other side, lightly spray/brush again and bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork (it’s fine to make a small slit in the thickest part and see if it’s done!).
- Transfer the baked chicken breasts to a platter. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You’ll need to adjust the baking time to the size of your chicken breasts. This recipe is perfect for 8 oz, but if yours are much larger (say, 10 oz each), you might need to bake them for 12-15 minutes on each side, and if they’re smaller (6 oz each), 8 minutes per side will probably be just right. The best way to make sure they are done is to use an instant-read thermometer. It should read 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part. If you don’t have a thermometer, make a small slit in the center and peek to make sure it’s white and opaque, not pink.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 272; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 640mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 46g