|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||80 minutes|
- 23.5 oz pork loin roast
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 C stuffing mix I used Stove Top; 1 C prepared
- 1 Tbsp butter for stuffing
- 1/4 C dried cranberries chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 C smoked gouda shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook stuffing per package directions. Set aside.
- Butterfly pork loin roast and unroll, pound if needed so that it is evenly about 1/4" - 1/2" thick.
- Mix the chopped cherries and feta with the stuffing mix. Spread over inside of roast, leaving a small gap at the edges. Sprinkle the Gruyere evenly over the stuffing. Roll up the roast.
- Make a basket weave with the bacon. Lay the rolled roast on top of the bacon upside down, and fold the bacon over the roast. Flip right side up. Use toothpicks as necessary to keep the bacon in place.
- Bake for ~8 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake for 65 -75 minutes or until internal temperature is 145F. Remove from oven, let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Can add 50g gruyere cheese to sprinkle on top of the stuffing mix before rolling and baking.
- Tried shredded smoked cheddar instead of feta, and started sat 400F for 20 min, then decreased to 350F for 75 minutes. Think 60 minutes would have been enough.
I ran out of cherries, didn't realize that until I started to put it together, so I'm trying it with raisins this time. I also forgot the gruyere, damnit. We'll see how it turns out this time! Also, I'm going to try starting at a higher temp to crisp the bacon blanket (hopefully) then reduce heat to 350 to finish cooking. Wish me luck! (5.30.18)
I swapped out the smoked cheddar for smoked gouda, and subbed cranberries for cherries. Was really good! I also gave it 15 minutes at 425F, then dropped it to 350F for 40 minutes. Turned out pretty good! I had a slightly smaller roast, only 19.4oz, so the shorter cooking time worked great, and actually could have been about 5 minutes less for that size. Didn't add baby spinach leaves, but that might add some additional moistness, though it didn't really need it this time. (10.1.19)