|Prep Time||40 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
|Passive Time||8 hour|
- 3 C all-purpose flour plus more for shaping
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Red Star active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 C warm water about 110 to 115 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and yeast until well mixed. Pour in warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir until a shaggy dough forms. The mixture will be wet and very sticky to the touch.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place 8 to 18 hours until dough rises, bubbles and flattens on top.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Once oven is preheated, place a 6-quart Dutch oven (with cover) in oven 30 minutes before baking.
- Punch down dough. Generously flour a sheet of parchment paper; transfer dough to parchment and, with floured hands, quickly shape into a ball. Place dough on parchment paper and sprinkle top lightly with flour. Top with a sheet of plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from oven. Uncover dough and carefully transfer to Dutch oven, with or without parchment paper beneath (if bottom of Dutch oven is not coated with enamel, keep parchment paper beneath dough). Cover Dutch oven and return to oven.
- Bake bread 45 minutes covered, then another 10 to 15 minutes uncovered until dough is baked through and golden brown on top. Cool slightly before slicing.
Author: Girl Versus Dough (based on Jim Lahey's original method)
Prep time: 8 hours 40 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 9 hours 40 mins
Yields: 1 large round loaf
Share this Recipe
No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 291mg 12%
Potassium 59mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 33g 11%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.