These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust. I was looking for a recipe for Cinnamon apples and all I could find were recipes for baking the whole apple - not what I wanted. After much searching I finally came across this recipe - I unfortunately cannot remember the site. It can easily be reduced to 2 or 3 apples, just watch it as it cooks. We serve this over ice cream and it is delicious. It can also be used on pancakes, waffles, or all by itself.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 10 apples cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice optional
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
- Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
- I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.
Can serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Share this Recipe
Hot Baked Cinnamon Apples
Amount Per Serving
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.01g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.02g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.01g
Sodium 1mg 0%
Potassium 35mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 34g 11%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 0.1g 0%
Vitamin A 0.2%
Vitamin C 3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.