|Prep Time||1 hour|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Mix the masa harina and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add hot water and mix until a dough forms and you can shape it into a ball. Start by stirring with a spatula, then knead a few times with your hands.
- Form into a ball and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 sections and roll into balls.
- Cut a ziploc bag around the edges so that you have two pieces of plastic (or use parchment paper).
- Place a dough ball in between two pieces of plastic. Use a plate to flatten the ball into a circle. It may help to place it on the floor and stand on the plate to flatten (or use a rolling pin).
- Slowly peel back one of the pieces of plastic, being careful of the edges, then pull off the other side of the plastic.
- Drop into a hot non-stick or cast iron pan.
- Let cook for one minute, flip and cook a minute more. The tortilla should start to puff up while cooking. If it doesn’t. flip it one more time.
Original Recipe: https://www.theleangreenbean.com/homemade-corn-tortillas-and-tortilla-chips/
For tortilla chips: cut into 6 pieces with a pizza cutter, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake at 400F for ~10 minutes.
Share this Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Sodium 121mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 23g 8%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.