- 9 cups favorite cereal or small crackers
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups candy-coated chocolates
- Lightly grease a large roasting pan; stir in cereal or crackers, popcorn and peanuts. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla and baking soda. Mix well and pour over mixture in roasting pan; toss to coat. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely; add candy, tossing to mix. Store in an airtight container.
Note: To make the container: Tear pieces of white paper into strips and glue around a clear plastic cup, leaving some of the cup showing. Glue on googly eyes. Let dry.