|Prep Time||15 mintues|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 2 C radishes thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow or red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C white vinegar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Slice all the vegetables and transfer to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the vegetables and toss gently.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours until you are ready to serve.
Original recipe: http://365daysofeasyrecipes.com/cucumber-radish-pickled-salad/
I made this recipe because - oddly enough for me - I had leftover cucumber and radishes, and wanted something kind of light to go with lasagna, so roasting the radishes wasn't really working for me.
I used a yellow onion for mine because that's what I had on hand, but the original recipe calls for a red onion, and that would give a really nice color contrast, but I don't think there is a huge difference in flavor between yellow and red. Maybe a little more punchy, so maybe use a small yellow onion instead of a medium red onion.
It doesn't appear that there is enough liquid for the veggies, so I went in after about an hour and tossed it again, and there was more liquid. So I part of the minimum 2 hour time to sit is to let all the moisture come out and coat everything well. But it tastes amazing - Steve really liked it!