- 2 whole tilapia cleaned
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 30 g butter softened
- a large handful of flat-leaf parsley stalks and all
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (392F). Prepare two squares of aluminium foil large enough to completely wrap each fish and spray with a little olive oil on the shiny side.
- Mix together the softened butter, garlic and lemon juice.
- Rinse and pat the fish dry, including inside the body cavity. Lay each fish in the centre of its piece of aluminium foil, on the shiny side.
- Season with salt and pepper inside the body cavity, then spread half the butter inside each fish. Lay the onions on top of the butter inside each fish's body cavity and top the onions with a flat-leaf parsley. Make 2 slashes in the skin on the top surface of each fish.
- Sprinkle the skin of the fish with salt and wrap each fish in its foil parcel. Place on a baking sheet in the pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the fish is just cooked. Carefully open each parcel (be careful not to lose the juices!) and place under the grill for a further 5 minutes to brown a little before serving.
Share this Recipe