- 500 g Strong Bread Flour I use King Arthur All Purpose Flour, which has a high protein content
- 10 g fast acting yeast
- 10 g salt
- 30 g olive oil
- 320 mL cool water approximately room temp
- 390 g black cherries drained
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- 100 g dark chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- 45 g Strong Bread Flour I use King Arthur All Purpose Flour, which has a high protein content
- Mix together flour, yeast, salt, olive oil, and about 250mL water using paddle attachment. Once well mixed, add remaining water and continue to mix. Dough will be soft.
- Add cherries and chocolate chips, mix slowly. Add another 40-50g flour, as the cherries will add moisture. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly flour surface and form a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow to rise at room temperature until double in size, around 1 1/2 hours.
- Tip risen dough out on lightly floured surface shape or plait the dough.
- Place on baking sheet, cover, and let rise at room temperature until double in size, around 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 22C fan (392F convection) for 20 minutes, the lower temperature to 180C (356F) and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until baked completely. Loaf should sound hollow when the bottom is tapped with knuckles. (I think it should also be 190F internal temperature, but with the fruit inside it might be harder to check, so maybe check temp in several places?)
This is one of Paul Hollywood's recipes, as seen on The Great British Baking Show: Masterclass. Well, assuming I have the instructions correct. I'm looking forward to trying this, and will try to get pictures and make notes of the (hopefully) wonderful results!
Share this Recipe
Cherry Chocolate Bread
Amount Per Serving
Calories 3393 Calories from Fat 837
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93g 143%
Saturated Fat 50g 250%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.001g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g
Sodium 4043mg 168%
Potassium 200mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 549g 183%
Dietary Fiber 32g 128%
Protein 82g 164%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.