- cooking spray
- 4 medium zucchinis ends trimmed, (7 oz. each)
- 3 large egg whites beaten
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cups quick marinara sauce for dipping optional
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 zucchini Amount Per Serving: Smart Points: 4 Points +: 4 Calories: 154 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 327mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 9g
Share this Recipe