|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 8 oz milk warmed to 80F
- 1 egg room temp usually works best
- 4 Tbsp butter I used unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 1/2 C bread flout
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine/fast rise yeast or 2 tsp active dry yeast can be used
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1/4 C butter I used unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 tsp cninamon
- 3 C confectioners’ sugar
- 4 1/2 Tbsp orange juic
- Add milk, egg and butter to bread machine pan.
- Add bread flour, 3 Tbsp sugar and salt to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into corners.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for dough. Start bread maker. When done, unlock pan from bread maker. Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, about 15' x 10'. Spread 1/2 C melted butter over dough to within 1" of edges. Then sprinkle 1/4 C sugar and cinnamon evenly over dough. Roll dough up tightly on long side. Press edges to seal and form into a 12" long, evenly shaped roll. With a knife or thread of dental floss, cut roll into 1" pieces. Place rolls into greased 13" x 9" baking pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack for 10-15 minutes.
- While cooling, make glaze by mixing confectioner's sugar with orange juice, stirring until smooth. While the rolls are still warm, drizzle glaze over top of rolls as evenly as possible. I left them in the pan, but you can cut them apart and remove from pan, whatever you prefer.
Share this Recipe
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Amount Per Serving
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 19mg 6%
Sodium 157mg 7%
Potassium 45mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 119g 40%
Dietary Fiber 0.01g 0%
Protein 10g 20%
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.