|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 C salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 3 1/2 C Cake flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 1/2 C milk room temperature
- Grease three 9-inch pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in almond extract.
- Use a fork to combine the eggs and milk together in a bowl or 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix in until just combined. Add in half of the milk mixture and combine. Add in another 1/3 of the dry ingredients until combined followed by the remainder of the milk mixture. Add in the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix with the hand mixer until just combined, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Divide the batter among the three prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before layering and frosting.
This recipe can be made into two thicker 9-inch layers or three thinner layers. The photos and video tutorial included with this recipe show three thinner layers.
Original recipe: https://thestayathomechef.com/most-amazing-white-cake/
Share this Recipe
The Most Amazing White Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Cholesterol 46mg 15%
Sodium 397mg 17%
Potassium 74mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 86g 29%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.