- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Light
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 3/4 tsp morton lite salt but recomended (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Stir with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Do not over-work the dough.
- Shape this mixture into a ball and place it between two pieces of wax paper that have been dusted with flour. Roll the pastry into a circle large enough to fit in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Spray pan with a non-fat cooking spray and Arrange crust in pan. Cut off the edges that hang over.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and brush over with a little bit of beaten egg white. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before adding filling.
It's probably a good idea to prebake it before using it in almost any recipe.
If you are making a pie where the filling needs to be cooked with the shell, simply bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or however long the recipe calls for. Work foil over edges while baking so the crust won't get overbrown. Remove foil for the last five minutes.
Share this Recipe
Low Fat Pie Crust
Amount Per Serving
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Sodium 1774mg 74%
Potassium 315mg 9%
Total Carbohydrates 173g 58%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 24g 48%
Vitamin A 40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.