|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- FOR THE TART DOUGH:
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter in small pieces
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp water
- For the filling
- 1 C sliced natural almonds more for sprinkling, raw
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 12 oz pitted cherries about 1 3/4 cups
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Make the tart dough: Combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Work in butter thoroughly. Stir in egg yolk mixture and knead briefly until dough is smooth, then form into a flat disk.
- Roll dough to a large circle and lay it in a 10-inch/23-centimeter fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Press in well (patch any cracks with extra dough). Refrigerate or freeze for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Blind bake tart shell until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. (You do not need to cover the shell or use pie weights.)
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Put almonds, flour and sugar in work bowl of food processor and grind to a rough powder. Add butter and pulse until well incorporated. Add eggs and almond extract and process until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. (Alternatively, use ground almonds and make batter with a mixer instead.)
- Pour almond batter into prebaked shell and smooth with a spatula. Press cherries into batter in a single layer. Sprinkle with a handful of sliced almonds. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake until golden, 30 to 40 minutes. (An inserted skewer should come out clean.) Cool on a rack and remove outer rim of tart pan. Place tart on a serving dish and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Share this Recipe
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.