|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 10 Bacon strips diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained, 15-1/4 ounces
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese 12 ounces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon.
Yield: 10 servings.
Share this Recipe