|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut diagonally into the chicken breasts about 1/4 inch deep in an x shape to allow the bbq sauce to flavor more of the chicken. (like how a holiday ham has the top cut into an x shape).
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss well together until mixed.
- Add the chicken to a sheet pan, then pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 25 -30 minutes or until caramelized, browned and cooked through.
- Shred the chicken with the forks and serve in your favorite bun, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
- If the sauce didn't cook down enough (if you use a pan that's too small it may not), then add the sauce to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until thickened (likely 15-20 minutes).
Original Recipe: https://dinnerthendessert.com/bbq-pulled-chicken/
I had a bit over 2 lb, so I think I should have had more sauce. Also, we shredded the chicken, then mixed it together, covered the pan in foil, and put back in the oven for a few minutes, maybe 10-15 minutes. Awesome!
I plan to do more work on the sauce - I think I can make it better! 🙂
Share this Recipe
BBQ PULLED CHICKEN
Amount Per Serving
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 94mg 31%
Sodium 1030mg 43%
Potassium 52mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 27g 54%
Vitamin A 17%
Vitamin C 9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.