|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 c 340g butter at room temperature
- 4 c 500g powdered sugar
- 3/4 c 94g cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp 60ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp 10ml vanilla extract
- pinch table salt
- In a the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment whisk butter and sugar on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy or about five minutes.
- Be sure to stop at least once and scrape the bowl.
- With the mixer off, add in cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Turn mixer on low and blend for about 30 seconds.
- One tablespoon at a time add in heavy cream.
- Once all cream has been added and mixture is mostly combined, turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Now turn the mixer onto medium-high to high and whisk for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is lighter and fluffier. The frosting will be shiny and seem to have many large air bubbles throughout and this is exactly what we are going for. (You can smooth those out on the cake if so desired.)
Share this Recipe
Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Amount Per Serving
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26g 40%
Saturated Fat 16g 80%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 70mg 23%
Sodium 35mg 1%
Potassium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 82g 27%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 18%
Vitamin C 0.04%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.