- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ketchup or barbecue sauce, optional
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; pack into a meatloaf pan or large (9x5x3-inch) loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Spread top with a little barbecue sauce or ketchup about 5 or 10 minutes before done. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
Serves 6 to 8.