Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
An easy weeknight oven baked chicken with an Italian flair. Crusted with parmesan and roasted with carrots and potatoes, you will have a complete healthy meal for the entire family in less than an hour.
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 6 small red potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅓ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan (fresh preferred)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees convection or 400 degrees regular oven.
- Pat dry 2 medium size skinless boneless chicken breasts. Trim and cut in half if normal size. Cut in thirds if huge.
- Prep veggies. Wash, peal and cut carrots into slices or ¾ to 1 inch chunks. Wash and cut small red potatoes in half. If using other potatoes cut into ¾ to 1 inch chunks.
- Toss chicken, potatoes and carrots into a large bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon each of thyme, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Add 1 teaspoon coarse salt and mix well.
- Prep baking sheet pan with a coat of PAM. Spread the chicken and veggies.
- Mix topping of ⅓ cup Italian bread crumbs and ⅓ cup grated Parmesan (fresh preferred). Sprinkle over the chicken and veggies. Give it a light spray of Pam to keep it moist
- Bake until veggies are golden brown and chicken is 165 degrees. About 35 minutes for me. Your time will vary with size of pieces and your oven.
Very easy to scale up or down. I have a ¼ size non-stick sheet pan that is great for this.