|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 lb. ground sirloin Beef Round Steak Cut into thin strips
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 2 C Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped, or chop the onion in half and slice
- 1 tsp minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 5 C beef broth
- 3 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 C sour cream
- 10 oz Cooked Egg Noodles
- Slice the beef across the grain into thin strips. Salt and pepper the beef to taste.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the hamburger or sear the beef strips until browned on all sides. Remove from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the remaining half of butter in the same skillet.
- Cooking the veggies: start with the onion, give them a couple of minutes to start turning a bit translucent, then add the garlic, give it all a stir or two, then add the mushrooms. The garlic shouldn't really take much longer than the mushrooms. Cook until it's all tender and smells amazing!
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooked vegetables in the skillet and stir for one minute.
- Turn the heat to low and whisk in the beef broth slowly.
- Allow the broth mixture to come to a simmer and thicken.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, paprika, and sour cream.
- Stir in the beef and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
Steve wants more sour cream flavor, so we're going to add more sour cream, and I'm increasing the bits for the sauce - I think it needs more sauce! I also think I was perhaps a bit anxious about getting dinner done - or maybe just hungry - so I didn't cook down the sauce enough, so we'll be working on that too. Sorry, I'm horrible with timing stuff, and really, really good with just dumping ingredients in, but I'll try to document this one a bit better.
Hope you enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Easy Homemade Beef Stro
Amount Per Serving
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22g 34%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.03g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.01g
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Sodium 724mg 30%
Potassium 98mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 42g 14%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 35g 70%
Vitamin A 11%
Vitamin C 3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.