Beer Batter for Fish, Shrimp & Onion Rings
Yield 1 1/4 cups Units US
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl using a fork.
- Beat beer, egg and oil together in a separate bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
- Batter should be pretty smooth and moderately thick.
- Dip fish, shrimp, or onion slices in coating and deep-fry in hot oil that has been heated to 350 degrees, until it becomes golden.
- Drain, and serve while hot and crispy.
- This recipe also works well with chicken tenders and vegetable pieces; whatever you like to coat with beer batter.