|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 15.8 oz. great northern beans 1 can, Busch's BEst
- 2 OZ. taco seasoning 2 pkg of McCormick's Original
- 1 1/4 C water
- 4 flour tortilla Mission burrito size
- 260 g Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- 20 oz red enchilada sauce 2 cans, I used Old El Paso, 1 mild 1 medium
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish with non-stick spray, then spread ~1/c of one can of enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Brown turkey, drain. Drain beans. Add beans, taco seasoning, and water to turkey. Bring to boil, simmer 20 minutes or until most of the water has boiled out.
- Heat tortillas until soft - I steamed mine (thank you, baby!). Spread ~30g cheese in a line through the middle of the tortilla, leaving ~1/4" on each end of the tortilla free of cheese. Spread 1/5 of the meat & bean mixture over the line of cheese. Fold the ends in, then fold the bottom of the tortilla up, then fold that end up so that the seam of the tortilla is down. Place burrito seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat for all 4 burritos. Spread the other 1/2 can of enchilada sauce over the burritos, then spread the remaining meat & bean mixture over the top. Spread the remaining cheese over the top, then pour the other can of enchilada sauce over the top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted and possibly browning, depending on your personal taste.
Share this Recipe
Easy Burrito Casserole
Amount Per Serving
Calories 647 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24g 37%
Saturated Fat 13g 65%
Cholesterol 141mg 47%
Sodium 3194mg 133%
Potassium 327mg 9%
Total Carbohydrates 49g 16%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 54g 108%
Vitamin A 19%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.